1) Food. Any food. Their nose in a dish. Eating. Anything.
2) Fun, games, toys. Anything that gives them attention from you. Especially toys.
3) Walkies! Any time or weather. Sniffing at everything they pass.
4) Choosing their favourite furniture, and roughing it up a bit so it feels like it belongs.
5) Staring at you. Sometimes with no reason at all, but mainly if you appear to be eating anything.
6) Sleeping in a favourite spot with one ear up so they don’t miss anything.
7) Treats. Even if they have to pretend to learn new tricks to get them.
8) Knowing they are home, warm and wanted.
9) To be considered a ‘Good Boy’ for no apparent reason.
10) The main answer will always be YOU.